- Additional information
HM 450 Sliding Microtome
The Thermo Scientific HM450 consists of distortion-free basic construction with zero-backlash and maintenance-free cross roller bearings. The enclosed housing protects the interior feed mechanism and stepping motor.
Section thickness feed is from 0 to 10 µm in 1 µm increments, up to 20 µm in 2 µm increments, up to 60 µm in 5 µm increments, and up to 100 µm in 10 µm increments. Section thickness range is from 1 to 100 um. It provides automatic and manual feed from 0 to 100 µm. The automatic feed is independent of specimen size via reversing the sledge (can be turned off). It provides specimen retraction during knife return travel (can be turned off).
- Total specimen stroke: 40 mm Max.
- Sledge travel: 190 mm.
- Specimen orientation via coaxial one-hand adjustment.
- Compensation for heat extension via stepping motor: 2 µm.
- Quick change system of the specimen clamping.
- Co-axial knife angle adjustment without having to open the knife clamping.
- Integrated knife guard.
Multiple Setting Options:
- Automatic or manual sectioning
- Retraction (may be turned off)
- Three different speed settings for motorized coarse feed
Find out how we can bring efficiency and reliability to your lab.
Call today at: 805.341.5056
Thermo Fisher Scientific
6 Months Parts and Labor