Leica VT1000 A Automated Vibratome
The Leica® VT1000 A Automated Vibratome is ideal for fresh tissue sectioning. The VT1000 A's vibrating blade allows sectioning without freezing or embedding.
- Additional information
Leica® VT1000 A Automated Vibratome
The Leica® VT1000 A employs an accurate vibrating blade principle that allows sectioning without freezing or embedding, so the viability of the fresh tissue can be maintained. The VT1000’s intuitive design and simple controls are ideal for a wide range of applications. It offers three separate operating modes – automated, single sectioning and manual for ultimate sectioning control.
- Precise adjustments allow for evenly cut fresh/fixed tissue at a thickness of 35 µm or more
- Operators control both the section thickness and number of sections with an easy to read LED
display and three separate operating modes; automatic, single sectioning and manual
- Adjustable operating parameters minimize deformation of delicate soft tissue and provide more
- Amplitude – from 0–3 mm (+/- 1.5 mm)
- Cutting speed (+/- 10%) – 0–2 mm/second
- Return speed (+/- 10%) – 5–7 mm/second
- Total vertical specimen stroke – 15 mm
- Maximum specimen size – 33 x40 mm (L x W)
- Specimen orientation, rotating – 360 degrees (full rotation with specimen tray)
- Specimen plate, swiveling – 0–15 degrees (range of specimen vice assembly)
- Section thickness adjustment – Manual, 5 µm increments, Automated, 1 µm increments
- Rated voltage range – 100V or 220V (specified at time of order)
- Rated frequency – 50/60Hz
- Size LxWxH (basic instrument) – 53.34 x 30.48 x 30.48 cm
- Weight (basic instrument) – 22.68 kg
Find out how the Leica® V1000A can bring efficiency and reliability to your lab.
Call today at: 805.341.5056
6 Months Parts and Labor